. day 9 .

>> Thursday, May 27, 2010

I can't believe I'm doing this. "This" being two things...one, telling you what I'm doing and two, running, a 10k...
I don't do things like this.
I just posted in my FB status the other day about a friend encouraging me to do something I didn't think I could do and how it changed my life. Is this another one of those situations? My brother wants me to run a 10k on my birthday with him. He's "getting" it for me for my birthday!?!? I have basically 4 months. I ran this morning for the first time since last fall (and even then I wasn't good), and well, let's just say I have a lot of work to do! We'll see how this goes down. You may get to watch me fail, or you may get to watch me amaze myself.

4 comments:

photozmom May 27, 2010 at 9:58 AM  

He told me about what he was "getting" you for your birthday, Last night :O) It will give you some more brother/sister memories :O) HE is really excited... Good for you! You can do it!!!

Lauren Grace May 27, 2010 at 10:06 AM  

you can do it sarah! i remember you telling me you don't enjoy running-- but you will be amazed at what you can push your body to do with determination and training. i think you just might come out of this with a new love for it. i believe in you. as my legs would say : "keep going!" lol =)

Sarah May 27, 2010 at 1:20 PM  

Sarah, that's so awesome! I was in training for a half-mary that I WAS going to do next weekend! HA! And...well, my knees aren't as smooth as they used to be back in my real-running days. Although, I am looking at the Living History Farms Run!!!! :) Maybe. ;)

Brooke LeeAn Copeland May 27, 2010 at 7:55 PM  

YAY for you! I know you can do it!

  © Free Blogger Templates Wild Birds by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP